Thursday, October 21, 2010

All about : Affordable Fashion Designer











Bargain shopping will never be the same again, thanks to Bad Joan. I had the opportunity to speak Brooke Wilen, the founder of the online hangout specializing in fashion apparel and accessories overstock from independent and up-and-coming designers. It's enough to thrill any child shopping!

Brooke Wilen: I used to have a women's knitted garment. It sold in one tonne of boutiques across the country. But among canceled orders and construction difficulties had so much overstock to put me out of business. I tried to unload overstock me places like Loehmann, but my overstock quantities too small for them. I realized I knew a lot of other designers, like me, independent lines, where the overstock ate cash flow. So I started Bad Joan as a way to help us all out! It was a very "one door closes, another opens" the situation.
How did you get your start in fashion
I started knitting when I was in college just as a hobby. After college I worked in the entertainment industry for many years and always knitted for my own pleasure in my spare time. I would wear my pieces to work in some cases to stop by in costume will ask me if he could buy the track or if I would make one for them. At one point, I just figured "why not?" Other people do it, why not me?! So I went for it, I quit my job and started a clothing line ... several years later ended up here!
What is the story behind the name? How would you define the standard
Joan is any and every woman. It is the "average Joan." It is bad because he loves fashion and shopping and can get a bank account in a little bit of trouble. But in Badjoan.com is always "Good To Be Bad", because you get the same great fashion for amazing prices! Every woman loves to shop, loves the rush to find great clothes or who has spent a little too much for some fabulous clothes are a poor Joan!

 
Your prices are fantastic! How are you able to offer such great opportunities in these coveted labels?

 
I work directly with designers - no middle man. The idea is to get designers back their costs so they can get some cash flow and work for future collections. Since the items are overstock goods or past season, it makes for profit - is on the landing. Moreover, I get a very small markup. It's all about keeping the price low, so that goods move quickly and everyone wins, especially the customer.

 
How often do you change your inventory? You have any specific criteria for the types of products bearing?

 
New inventory comes in once a week. Our newsletter comes out first thing Thursday morning, so people will know about new arrivals. It's good to get the listing because the quantities are often very limited! I generally just try to get things I want to wear. I do not put items in the area or do not believe that it is not my taste.Shopping and Style Tips

 
Do you have any advice when it comes to shopping opportunities, either online or in stores: The biggest pitfall with shopping bargain buys something just because you do not love a good deal. I think you should treat it as something you buy. Do not get carried away by the hype of the sale, take the time to make sure you like it, and it's really something to wear. You can go shopping bazaar broken as easily as shopping at full price!

 
Possibly a difficult question: What is a garment or accessory is not stylish woman should not

 
This is a tough! But I must say that these days every modern woman needs a great pair of jeans in her closet. It should fit well and jeans should be of good quality. That way you can put them on with flip flops and go to the other boys if the quality is good, you can also put some high heels, a big top and jewelry fun and hit the town! Plus a pair of jeans will last you a long time and you can keep up to date with modern tops and shoes. A good pair of jeans goes a long way!





No comments:

Post a Comment